“For the common good”
The aims and values of Haslingden Community Link:
- To link with statutory bodies, voluntary services, churches and the business community to provide a Community Centre for Haslingden.
- To improve the quality of life of local people, able or disabled, who are disadvantaged through poverty, offering supportive links based on health, education, social care and work experience.
- To empower individuals to identify and adopt more constructive ways of coping with poverty, ill health and disadvantage other than reliance on prescription drugs, unhealthy diet and a lifestyle dictated by the level of the State Benefit.
- To encourage local people of either sex, or any age, of any religion, of any sexual orientation, of any race or creed, to find spirituality based on tolerance, understanding and love by providing a non-judgemental and welcoming environment.
- To provide accommodation and facilities for children and young people by promoting early learning, child care, tuition support and supervision.
- To aim for a self financing sustainable Community Centre based on the principles of self help.